Sunday, April 27, 2008

DIY

Off late , I have been looking at a lots of DIY ( Do It yourself ) content for my son's holidays. I came across many sites and magazines which offer excellent DIY ideas , projects . Make Magazine was one of them . However there is very little Indian DIY things to do. I only see a chain of shops Hobbys Ideas in Mumbai selling DIY projects of very basic concepts . Is this due to the culture we are brought in ? We Indians are always used get things done by others. How many times you call plumber , electrician , carpenter for small things which could have been done by you with a hand ful of tools. How many of us even have a proper tool set in our house? I think this attitude is the reason why we dont get to see many DIY projects.

With all due credit to Dilip Chabria ( DC ) , we dont see many MODs coming from India.

LETS US MAKE A BEGINNING AND AT LEAST DO ONE DIY PROJECT THIS SUMMER ....

Cheers..

No comments: